skip to primary navigationskip to content

Health and wellbeing

The National Health Service (NHS) offers comprehensive guidance and support to parents. You can contact your family doctor (GP) at any time with questions or for appointments. Also, you may see someone at home called a health visitor, who is a qualified nurse, for a new baby visit or if you are having a problem. Some surgeries offer mother and baby, parent and toddler, breastfeeding and peer support groups. is an organization that supports families with any challenge they might face. Call its helpline on 0808 002222. You can also ask your GP about seeing a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) professional, who is trained to understand emotional, developmental and behavioural issues.

Graphic art and photos: Geneviève Guétemme, @Doug88888, Xraijs

OPdA Tweets

Upcoming events

CEGX: The spinout that’s measuring the epigenome to improve human health

Sep 12, 2017

Pfizer Lecture Theatre, Department of Chemistry, Lensfield Road

Pitching Training Event

Sep 15, 2017

Seminar Room B, 17 Mill Lane

Upcoming events

RSS Feed Latest news

Grants available through the Returning Carers Scheme - apply by 29 September

Aug 16, 2017

The Returning Carers Scheme provides funds to support career development following a career break or a period of leave for caring responsibilities.

Opportunity to apply for up to £30,000 funding from the EPSRC: apply by 16 August

Aug 08, 2017

Postdocs are invited to apply via the OPdA for funding for activities which fall under the remit of the EPSRC and the Global Challenges Research Fund.

View all news