Innovation and entrepreneurship at UCL: Turning ideas into businesses
Do you have an idea you would like to turn into a business but you don’t know where to start? Come and join UCL Innovation Forum launch event entitled “Innovation and Entrepreneurship at UCL: Turning ideas into businesses”.
Learn how Innovation Forum is building bridges across innovative fields and promoting entrepreneurship skills through several workshops including its own Business Accelerator Competition. You will have the chance to learn from the experience of 3 speakers who have successfully founded their own ventures.
- Professor John Martin: Founder and Chief Scientist at Magnus Life Science
- Lise Pape: Inventor of Walk with Path
- Patrick Bergel: Co-Founder of Chirp
Date: Tuesday, 8th March, 2016
Time: 18:30 - 20:30
Venue: B05-B15, Darwin Building, Gower Street,London WC1E 6BT (entrance on Malet Place).
Frugal innovation for the developing world
Innovation Forum Cambridge presents "Frugal Innovation for the Developing World", an event which will explore the newest disruptive ideas being adopted in the developing world, the need for many of these companies to be based in developing countries and how we can achieve a better, fairer and healthier world through technological innovation.
- Prof. Jaideep Prabhu, co-author of the acclaimed book "Frugal Innovation: How to do more with less
Date: Tuesday, 15th March, 2016
Venue: Judge Business School (University of Cambridge)
Innovation in Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy has been hailed as the biggest breakthrough in cancer treatment for decades. Innovation Forum Oxford is bringing together leading experts from academia, industry, the NHS and investors to discuss current trends and the future of immunotherapy followed by networking opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build links between industry, academia and the NHS; we hope to see you there.
- Prof Vincenzo Cerundolo, Professor of Immunology at Oxford University and Consultant Physician
- Dr Robert Wilkinson, Director of Oncology Research, MedImmune Ltd
- Prof Paresh Vyas, Professor of Haematology at Oxford University and Consultant Clinician
- Dr Bent Jakobsen, CSO of Immunocore Ltd
- Prof Martin Pule, Clinical Senior Lecturer Honorary Consultant in Haematology and founder of Autolus
Date: Monday, 11th April, 2016
Time: 17:30 (registration opens at 17:00)
Venue: Lecture Theatre 2 at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, OX3 9DU
The future of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the form of intelligence that arises from machines. In this ecosystem, academia and industry define together a new paradigm to innovate and benefit humanity as a whole. Don't miss the opportunity to learn about AI in London, together with Imperial College London Innovation Forum (ICLIF).
- Prof Murray Shanahan, Cognitive Robotics, Department of Computing, Imperial College London
- Dr Peter Waggett, Director of Emerging Technology, IBM UK
Date: Thursday, 14th April, 2016
Venue: Imperial College London, South Kensington