The Centre for Global Equality seeks a
Fixed Term, Part-Time Administrator (22.5hrs/week)
£18,000 per annum, pro-rata
The Centre for Global Equality is looking for an experienced PA/Administrator as soon as possible to provide PA support to the Centre Director and administrative support to the team. This is a new and exciting role that is likely to evolve over time and will involve a wide range of administrative activities. Although initially a six month fixed term contract, this role may become permanent subject to future organisational priorities and funding.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be providing PA support to the Centre’s Director and her team including:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office and daily activities
- Answering enquiries via post, email and telephone
- Ensuring the Centre’s filing systems, databases and record systems are kept up to date.
- Document creation (e.g. producing agendas, taking minutes, collating papers and reports and preparing presentations)
- Oversee and allocate work on a day to day basis of any volunteers and interns assigned to administration, events and / or communications
- Assisting with the Centre’s communications including website, social media and bulletins
- Coordinating the logistics of meetings and events
- Supporting the Centre by ensuring equipment and resources are appropriately managed
What we’re looking for
You will have proven experience as a PA/Administrator, ideally with some experience of organising events. You will be adaptable and flexible as this is a new role that is likely to evolve over time. You will be a positive, “can-do” person who approaches your work with enthusiasm. In addition you will be a team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, but also someone who is also able to work independently with minimal supervision. Ideally you will have experience of using Microsoft Office and Google applications such as Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar. Certainly you will be computer literate with the ability to pick up new software packages quickly. Finally you will need to be highly organised with excellent time-management skills.
Who we are
The Centre for Global Equality focuses the resources available in global centres of excellence such as Cambridge on evolving innovative solutions to global challenges. We contribute to greater global equality by improving access for the underprivileged to the intellectual, social and financial resources usually reserved for the elite.
We are a network of NGOs, academics, businesses and individuals who work collaboratively towards reducing extreme inequality, a root cause of poverty and marginalisation globally. Based in Cambridge, UK, we have over 50 member organisations that work on more than 90 projects in 27 countries.
For more information please visit http://centreforglobalequality.org/work-with-us/
Terms and Conditions
- This post is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment of the Centre for Global Equality.
- The Centre for Global Equality is an equal opportunities employer.
- We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role so you will need to have the right to work in the UK
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to Annabel Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 0900hrs on Tuesday 19th April, 2016.