As a member of the World Economic Forum Global University Leaders Forum (GULF), Cambridge has been invited to nominate exceptional young scholars to serve as Fellows on the Global Future Councils (GFC) – see attachments. GFC Fellows will be fully embedded in one of the 35 Global Future Councils and attend the Annual Meeting for Shaping the Future in Dubai. They work in tandem with the Forum’s designated council manager to capture, synthesize and disseminate knowledge and insights from the councils’ deliberations.
• Outstanding post-doctoral scholars (in some cases, qualified pre-doctoral candidates may also be considered)
• Deep knowledge of and passion for the council’s area of focus
• Solid understanding of key societal and technological forces shaping the future of the issue
• Commitment to serve as a GFC Fellow for one year, starting in October 2016
• Participation in the 2016 Annual Meeting for Shaping the Future in Dubai (13-14 November) as well as in the council’s virtual meetings (at least four per year)
• Acting as a driver for capturing knowledge and insights from the council’s deliberations
Click here for the portfolio
Click here for the Call for nominations
Nomination deadline of 7 September.
To apply email Clare Birch at CUDAR.